Passport Issues - Non-availabilty/Mismatch of Birth Certificte

Non-availability of Birth Certificate or Mismatch in Birth Certificate

There are lots of procedures one should comply before they could obtain the passport. The most frequent issue the applicants face would be the non-availability of Birth Certificate for those who born after 26.01.1989 or the mismatch between the date of birth in School certificate and Birth Certificate issued by the authorities. 

In procedure, the following documents are required for the proof of date of birth. 

  • Birth certificate issued by a Municipal Authority or district office of the Registrar of Births & Death.
  • Date of birth certificate/ School leaving certificate from the school last attended by the applicant or any other recognized educational institution
  • Affidavit sworn before a Magistrate/Notary stating date/place of birth as per the specimen in Annexure "A" by illiterate or semi-illiterate applicants (Less than 10th class)
However, for applicants born on or after 26.01.89, required to submit their Birth Certificate issued by the Municipal Authority or the Office of the Registrar of Births & Deaths is acceptable.

The Birth Certificate should contain the name of child, name of father and mother, date of birth, place of birth, sex, registration number and date of registration. If the Birth Certificate doesn’t contain the name of child, a declaration on plain paper signed by parents, is required to be submitted specifying the name of the child.

In case of non-availability of birth certificate for some reasons, the applicants shall follow these procedures to register their birth obtain the Birth Certificate. 

According to Birth Registration ACT1969 this is the procedure for delayed birth registration which is mentioned in section 13 of this act.

  1. Sworn an affidavit stating the reasons for non-availability of Birth Certificate.
  2. File a petition with the affidavit and supporting documents before the Magistrate.
  3. After verification of the sworn statement and supporting documents, the court will pass the order.
  4. Submit these documents before the municipality or panchayat office to obtain the Birth Certificate.


KarthiKeyan Pandian said...

Hi Sir,
I was born on 15.02.1995 at 12.30 PM and this is the date mentioned in BC, but in my all school documents date was mentioned as 14.02.1995. One day different between BC and document. How can I apply for BC? is there any relaxation in DOB? Appreciate the help...

Post a Comment